Who We Are
Welcome to Montes HealthCare College! We are a group of doctors, administrators, and educators committed to our students’ academic and professional goals.
Our background reflects a history of service, compassion, and achievement; and we aspire to instill these attributes in each of our students throughout the course of their respective program.
- To provide an inviting atmosphere that fosters teamwork and promotes academic success
- To develop the skills and provide the resources necessary for students to realize their professional potential
- To achieve and maintain meaningful employment for our students through lifetimes skills practice opportunities, professional development guidance, and job placement support
- To instill in our students humility and respect for others through community outreach and volunteer programs
- To employ qualified and passionate faculty and staff who will promote their students’ success in pursuit of the college’s growth and development
Montes HealthCare College (MHCC) was a vision of Doctors Juan and Alejandro Montes nearly ten years in the making! From the beginning of their careers, the Montes brothers realized that overcoming sickness and maintaining health are best achieved through a team-based approach. Accompanied by highly qualified medical assistants at their sides and additional assistants providing administrative support, the doctors have been able to deliver quality medical care and a full range of services in an increasingly demanding environment. This structure has enabled them to grow their small first practice into three additional locations, over 10 on-staff clinicians, over 50 employed Medical Assistants, and over 15,000 enrolled managed care patients.
With the support of their additional staff, the Montes doctors have had the opportunity to focus their efforts on impacting the health of their communities in a different way. They decided to apply their years of experience mentoring their employed medical assistants to the development of a formal medical assistant training program in Gardena, California.
In 2015 the concept gained momentum as the doctors secured a facility and recruited an instructor and staff who share their same passion for education and vision for the program. In 2016 the doctors and staff opened their doors and welcomed students to a vocational program guided by the practices and principles upheld in their clinics.
With over 30 years behind us in the Montes Medical story, we are excited to have you join us as we celebrate this next chapter.
Contact us today to become a part of the Montes HealthCare College family!